Womens Center is the first Center in Asia’s Pacific region to have a comprehensive fibroid Center, where every modality to treat fibroids is available. Womens Center is one of only two places in India to offer the MrgFUS treatment for fibroids. It is also one of a handful of Centers in the world to offer this treatment for adenomyosis as well.
MRI guided Focused Ultrasound Surgery(MRgFUS) is a non-invasive surgery done using ultrasound as the treatment device and MRI as the visualizing tool.An MRI thermal imaging system is used continuously to measure temperature changes inside the body, pinpointing and guiding the treatment. This is a relatively new and FDA-approved. The treatment provides relief from pelvic pain and heavy bleeding on period and other fibroids symptoms.
It is a technology that is ideal for people that want to preserve their fertility and for those that have contraindications to surgery such as diabetes, obesity, heart conditions etc.
MR guided Focused Ultrasound System incorporate Exablate 2000(Insightec, Haifal, Israel) and excite HD 1.5MRI(GE). MRgFUS has high precision with safety markers to monitor patient movement, treatment response and protects sensitive structures as bowel, ovaries, sacral nerves.
The MRgFUS team comprises of Gynecologist(CE certified), Radiologist(CE certified),
Anaesthetist(CE certified), assisting staff(CE certified) and MRI Technologist who had received inhouse training by eminent teachers in the field.
We have had women conceiving spontaneously or with ART after they have been treated for fibroids and adenomyosis with MRGFUS proving it is completely safe in women , seeking fertility. It has been a boon to women who do not want surgery for the same.
Do you have …
- Pain in the abdominal/ pelvic area/ lower back
- Spotting between periods
- Heavy menstrual bleeding
- Longer menstrual cycles than normal
- Increased menstrual cramping
- Increased urination
- Pain during sex
- Pressure or fullness in your lower abdomen
- Swelling or enlargement of the abdomen
The possible reason can be Fibroids / Adenomyosis!
- Fibroids are abnormal growths that develop in or on a woman’s uterus.
- It is unclear why fibroids develop, but several factors may influence their formation, such as hormones and family history.
- About 70 to 80 percent of women experience fibroids
Adenomyosis is a condition where there is encroachment, of the endometrial tissue (Inner lining of uterus) into the muscles of the uterus. This causes thickening of the uterine walls and leads to heavy or longer-than-usual menstrual bleeding as well as
severe pain during menstrual cycle or intercourse.
The exact cause of this condition is unknown. However, it’s more common in women with increased levels of estrogen. Adenomyosis gradually decreases after menopause, when estrogen levels decline.
- 2D / 3D Ultrasound
- MRI modality is superior for diagnosing and defining the extent of fibroids / adenomyosis due to its excellent contrast and spatial resolution and multiplanar imaging capability
- MRI is used as a diagnostic and therapeutic modality for MRgFUS
- Pre-Treatment planning, real-time patient monitoring during treatment and post treatment followup for MRgFUS is possible only with MRI
- Medical Treatment
- Surgical Treatment
Non Surgical Treatment
- MRgFUS – MR Guided Focused Ultrasound for Fibroids and Adenomyosis treament
Benefits of MRgFUS treatment
- No Anesthesia / No Surgery / No Scar
- No hospitalization – One day procedure
- Non invasive outpatient procedure
- Single platform for treatment of Fibroids and Adenomyosis
- No significant major complications or adverse events
- Very short recovery time, can return to work the next day
- No radioactive damage
View more details of MRgFUS